While a concrete release date wasn’t given, Square Enix has today re-confirmed that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will release worldwide in 2017 for PS4, leading many fans to question whether we’ll see the game within the first six months of next year. Along with this confirmation, a new trailer was also released.
The Zodiac Age is a high-definition remaster of the Japan-only Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System, adding numerous enhancements to the original game. This enhanced remaster will incorporate all the additions made to the original Zodiac Job version as well as the following:
- High-resolution environments, character models, and UI
- High-resolution cut-scenes
- 7.1 surround sound support
- English and Japanese voice acting (can swap between these anytime)
- Original and fully remastered soundtracks (can swap between these anytime)
- Faster load times
- Auto-save functionality added
- Improved speed mode allowing faster travel throughout the game world outside of combat
These are just some of the improvement coming to Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. As my personal favourite JRPG of all time, 2017 can’t come soon enough!
For more updates on Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age and the Tokyo Game Show 2016, keep an eye on Late Night Gamers!
Article written by Richard Doyle.
If you’d like to chat about gaming you can find me on twitter@LordRaminas
You can find Late Night Gamers on twitter @TheLNGamers
The JRPG isn’t dead. I believe!
Find me on twitter @LordRaminas